Every church has its own style of worship. We think you'll enjoy the services at Lamb of God Lutheran Church, but as in any church you should expect it to take a couple of Sundays to become accustomed to our way of praising God together.
The services usually include the following parts in a variety of forms:
- The Invocation - We call on the name of our Savior God as we praise him.
- Admitting sins and finding forgiveness - We acknowledge that we have not always done what God asks. Then we are assured of forgiveness because of what Jesus Christ has done for us.
- Bible Readings - We hear selections from God's Old Testament prophets, Jesus' apostles, and from Jesus himself in the Gospels. The pastor also gives a brief explanation of each reading.
- Children’s Sermon - The pastor invites the children to come to the front of the church for a short special lesson using a common object based on the theme for the day.
- Sermon - Our pastor offers instruction and encouragement in a Bible-based sermon. We hear how we can expect God's guidance and grace for dealing with problems, as well as the promise of eternal life in heaven through Jesus.
- Response to the Word - We respond with offerings and prayers for the things God has promised to us and for strength to do what he has asked.
- Parting blessing - We hear one last assurance of God's care.
Mixed throughout these different parts of our service are hymns and short songs to praise God.
Our worship uses traditional forms and modern language and application. The traditional brings us the best from God's Church throughout the ages and the contemporary brings God's promises and his will into our daily lives. We hope you enjoy both.
“I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD.’” Psalm 122:1